Sunday

We miss you, Daddy.

I wanted to share with you-I have been a bit preoccupied lately. . .Some of you may already know this, but I am guessing most of you do not.

My husband left April 30th, for Iraq. He is not enlisted, but is working with an Army unit to catch bad guys. I am not going to go into alot of detail-I know that this isn’t primarily a personal blog. He is going to be gone for 1 year, with two brief visits (hopefully at home) during that time. If you think of it, maybe you can say a prayer for his safe return?

I wanted you to understand when I refer to him as being gone, or talk about missing him occasionally.

Like right now.

Besides, it is Father’s Day! I have to talk about Daddy :) And look at our babies, too, while I am oversharing! Aren’t they the sweetest ever!

1stGradeCeremony 022

1stGradeCeremony 011

1stGradeCeremony 009

Avery just turned one! Doesn’t it seem like I just had her yesterday?!?!

Okay, so maybe a little earlier than yesterday. . .but still!

Happy Father’s Day to all the Daddies out there. . .For those who know someone who has a Daddy overseas, give them a hug today.

5 comments:

Kim Dreyer said...

Gosh - I can't even imagine how hard it must be to have your hubby gone, with little ones at home - best wishes for his safe return. Your girls are adorable - where did you get their dresses? too cute!!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Your girls are beautiful!!! I bet you all are missing your hubby. Your whole family is in my thoughts and prayers!!!

EmilyB said...

Thank you for the sacrifices your family is making to help make this world a better place.

I can't believe your baby is one! It DOES seem like yesterday that I kept checking and checking and checking for a new blog post after she was born. LOL!

I will pray for you while your hubby is gone.

Sue said...

Awww...I can't imagin, the missing part and the worry. I am sure he will be home safe before you know it.
My nephew is due to go to Afghanistan in January with the Canadian Troops and he has a new baby..so hard.
(((Hugs)))
Sue

Kim said...

You have two of the most beautiful girls!

You should be proud of the miracles you brought into this world.