Monday

Tour De Freaks!


Welcome to the monthly Tour De Freaks Blog Hop!

dinnblogtour(1)

I hope you are enjoying the ride! Be sure to make the rounds to all the amazing ladies that can be found in our tour today. . .Not the least of which is the lovely, freaky Wendy Weixler, who sent you to me. Thanks Wendy!

I am going to share with you my “little experiment” with backgrounds and the Serene Snowflakes stamp set. I LOVE these snowflakes! I used the same colors and stamp set, just different background techniques so you can compare . . .

This first card is using Stampin’ Up’s new Shimmer paint:

blog hop 001

I don’t know how well this photographed, but there is a of Night of Navy layer, as well as a window sheet layer directly over top. Both layers are stamped with frost white shimmer paint. I used a sponge dauber to apply the paint directly to the stamp.

The effect is so gorgeous! Stamp the window sheet first, so you can see exactly where you need snowflakes to fall underneath. . .

The sentiment is from the hostess set Christmas Punch, and the ribbon is basic grey taffeta.

Subtle and marvelous come to mind, too. . .but let’s move on!

The second is a brayered Background:

blog hop 013

Here, I went for the glossy cardstock and layered my colors. Snowflakes in versamark, brayer with Night of Navy ink, more snowflakes in Night of navy both stamped off and full color. . .

Oh My Sparkle!! Dazzling Diamonds anyone?!?

Hope you take a jump right over to the gorgeous and oh-so-talented Cindy Major and see what she has to share! Have a great week :)

tourclickhere(5)

19 comments:

Wendy Weixler said...

These are stunningly-beautiful, Robin!! I MUST try this myself!! Wonderful! :)

Connie Babbert said...

Great job, Robin! Beautiful backgrounds...love them!

Cindy Major said...

Hi, Robin

Some snowflake beauties you share here tonight! They look awesome. I bet they are even better in person with the little touch of acetate on the first card. The navy snowflake card is gorgeous and is making me want to pull out my stamps right now and play (which I can't do because it's past 11 p.m. and I have to get my behind in bed!)

TFS!
Cindy

Vera said...

Love your snowflake cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa Martz said...

Pretty cards!

procrastistamper said...

Ooooh, I love the Serene Snowflake set! I guess I'll have to buy some of those Window Sheets now, too...thanks for the impulse buying urge ;-)

Amanda Corbet said...

These cards are both gorgeous! I also LOVE the Serene Snowflakes set, but I haven't had a chance to play with them yet. Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

Robin...Love what you've done with this stamp set. Were the snowflakes stamped on the Night of Navy Cardstock or the Acetate? DELIGHTFUL! Erin Blair

Dawn Olchefske said...

Beautiful Cards!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards! Love the colors. Just stunning!

gbarron56 said...

Hi Robin -- love the snowflakes. This is such a georgeous stamp set. Thanks for giving me some new ideas and inspiration! Blessings, Gretchen

Kathy W said...

very pretty, great background

Anonymous said...

very simple, elegant cards. Nice choice of colors.

Elaine said...

Very beautiful cards

Mary Brown said...

GREAT cards! I just love how you used the ribbon on the first one to 'hang' your sentiment!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Beautiful, Robin! TFS!

Sharon Steinwand said...

Very nice!! I'm not quite understanding how you do the second card- have to go back for a closer look. Thanks for sharing!

Jen Woodman said...

Robin
You are a freaking GENIOUS Arteest! Beautiful! Just Beautiful :)

miss you girlfriend.

Debi Ryan said...

Hi Robin!! Hope you are all settled in your new home and your hubby is home safely!! Love your cards, I will be trying them myself! Happy Holidays.Debi Ryan