Thursday

Stampin' Boot Camp today!

Things have been crazy lately. . .as most of you know if you speak to me regularly! I feel like I am always running from one place to another :) My choice, doing things I love to do (aside from the mindless errands that everyone has to do) that make my life hectic. Today, however, my good friend (who happens to be my upline) and I got to stamp! Granted it was on a deadline. . . .but who cares!

This card is for an upcoming swap I am participating in, hosted by Crystal, for cards only using current stamp sets in the new catalog. It is a larger version of a 3x3 card I made for my hostesses. Here are the deets:

Paper:Choc.Chip, S.Saffron,V.Vanilla; Ink: C.Chip, S.Saffron; Stamps: Baroque Motifs; Other Stuff: Oval punches, Hodgepodge

In case you were thinking of trying to dye 1/4 in. grograin with your Chocolate Chip reinker. . . don't. I thought I would give it a go, as Choc. Chip 1/4 inch isn't in the new catalog & I *really* wanted some chocolate chip ribbon on this card! Twenty drops of reinker later. . . BEAUTIFUL. . . . purple ribbon. Just don't. It will be frustrating if you do! I need to get some of the new Choc. Chip ribbon forthwith! (so I am not tempted to try that again. . . .darn it. . .I just wanted a bit of brown frippery. Is that so much to ask??

*******UPDATE**************
Thanks to the kind advice of someone who actually read my post (yay!), I have been instructed in the dying of ribbon. . . .if you want to dye 1/4in. grograin with a chocolate chip reinker, use burgundy ribbon! Why I never thought to do this is a mystery, as it makes perfect sense. (okay, so maybe that is why :) Thank you to Sara West from SCS for the instruction. (I tried to link to your SCS gallery. . .but you don't have one! Get some cards on there girl!)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

They are both beautiful. Can't wait till they arrive and I can see them IRL!