Tuesday

Another Halloween Swap

I've got it bad over here :)

Halloween is my absolute favorite time of year! The cool weather season, the fun, dressing up and goofing off. . .I just love it! And in honor of my favorite holiday, I joined a mega swap. (or at least when you sign up for two spots in three groups it *becomes* a mega swap!)

For those of you who may never have swapped before: I make my assigned cards, mail them off to the swap "hostess", and she in turn trades them with other swappers. I end up with a different card for every one that I have made, less one as a gift for our swap hostess. *Bonus*

Here are some pictures of some of the projects I made:


This is one of the 3x3's: Booglie Eyes, Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black paper, Scallop punch, 1 3/8 and 1 inch circle punches, & black gingham ribbon.

To get the scalloped frame, punch a 1 3/8 circle from black, then center and punch it out with the scallop circle. You would get more of a border if you used the 1 1/4 inch circle for the opening. The little pumpkin *just* fits inside the 1in circle punch :) Too Cute!

**********edit**********
I changed the pictures of the 3x3 card, as they were just fuzzy enough to drive me crazy. Hope these are a little more clear for 'ya all! I am now noticing that the next picture isn't the greatest either. . . .I am going to have to let that one slide :)

This is a snack size bag of popcorn, wrapped in Elegant Eggplant paper. The "batty" belly band is punched randomly with the 1 1/4 circle (possibly the 1 3/8 circle, but you get the idea--it was a late night!) along the edge of the Basic Black paper. The Scallop Circle is Wild Wasabi.

This last card is one we are making at my Halloween Stamp a Stack:

This card a design I saw on SUDSOL (a demonstrator only website I frequent), by Fran Sabad. It uses the new Basic Grey Paper, spooky skyline wheel, and the hostess set-Party Punch. The rest is pretty self explanatory. . Can't wait for this class!

1 comment:

Jana O'Brien said...

Love the scallop punch with the circle punched out of the center! Great idea. Now I have to go make some donut cards!