Wednesday

*sigh*

I have been absent from reality. . .
Where you take a short walk thru the woods. . .
and find yourself in paradise :) a.k.a. Lake Michigan

My hubby and I had a wonderful break from all things required of us. . .and spent three days soaking up the sun and being lazy! My daughter is as brown as a little biscuit. . .

The first day was at a semi-rocky beach. . .SO fun for looking for petoskey stones.
We found quite a few! I love having little mementos like that for Regan to look at and think of how much fun we had. (and Mom, too :)

Our youngest niece on my husband's side was with us. What a sweetie!

Days two and three were at sandy beaches.

Here is the "bunker" my husband dug out of the sand. . .The umbrella kept flying away, so I used the thermos to pound it into the sand as far as it would go :) The girls were like little prairie dogs in and out of that thing!

Here is the view from my beach chair. . .

What an awesome vacation! Thanks to my mother-in-law for feeding us like royalty for three days while we invaded her home :) She waited all summer for us to come up, and I am so glad we made it. One last hurrah before school starts. Definitely a "must do again" for next year. . .

No comments: