Saturday

September Hostess Club

Thursday night was the third meeting of my hostess club(s) for the year. I don't know if they realize that this was the first month we have *all* been there together! How fun!

There are twelve ladies in all, two groups of six, who order for each other and receive benefits from the group. I love this get together! We have so much fun chatting :) I have to say, I do more running around than chatting. . .but that is the way it is supposed to be, right??

Over the next week or so, I am going to feature a few cards from my hostess club swap, and a Halloween swap I have participated in (with permission from the artists of course :). In the meantime, here are a couple of our projects from Thursday night!

The cards I am showing today, are featured in Stampin' Success--the demonstrator publication we receive monthly. Can I just say how much I **LOVE** when they have super cute cards that I have the supplies to make!!! Such a bonus! I designed the box to fit a small set of this card as a gift. I will post the directions when I get a chance.


Deets: Paper:Soft Sky, Old Olive, More Mustard, Whisper White; Ink:White Craft; Other stuff: Petals embossing template, 3/4inch circle punch, jumbo pewter eyelets, crop-a-dile, white embossing powder, heat gun, soft sky stitched ribbon, word window punch.

Okay, here is a funny moment at my hostess club:

Have you ever had a person show you that you have been doing something wrong at a club or a workshop? I freely admit that I do NOT know everything. . .I have learned most of what I know thru trial and error, and from tutorials I have seen here or there. . .

Occasionally I will have someone show me something I have never seen before (ex. the "perfect" bow--really just a flat knot--that my upline taught me. . .and now I show everyone I know!) but usually I find that I am figuring stuff out at my table by myself. Such is the case for dry embossing. I have been doing the same thing since I started. . .outline the image. . . then fill it in. Yes, I scribble in the middle with my embossing tool until the entire image is flattened! What a dufus!

I had one of my hostess girls explain. . .

"Robin, have you ever just outlined the image?"

and I say, "well that would look different. . . "

and she says, "but it really doesn't. . ." and she shows me. . . and my jaw hit the floor!

All this time I had made that so much harder than it needed to be! Just because I had never had anyone actually dry emboss something in front of me before. . . I just assumed that you had to fill in the image! I think she felt bad, like I would be embarrassed :) I just don't embarrass that easily I guess. . . As I said, I don't know everything, but I still know lots!

Some of my hostess girls have been stamping longer than I have. Can't wait until they teach me something else I don't know :)

Here is another card from Stampin' Success. I made it a standard size, as I didn't have the long envelopes to make it a 3x6 card. . .I have ordered some however. Seems it would be a fun size to make! This one uses the following:

Stamps: Baroque Motifs; Paper: Old Olive, Soft Sky textured, Really Rust, Whisper white; Ink:Versamark, Really Rust; Other stuff: 5/8 grograin, clear embossing powder, 3/4in circle punch, earth elements brads, heat gun.

Well, that is all for now. Hope you all got a laugh from my "I'm and Idiot" moment :) We can't take ourselves *too* seriously, you know? Or at least I don't. . . Ciao!

2 comments:

Lorien Clark said...

Geeze I didn't even notice these in the SS. Your's are beautiful!

Robin said...

Thanks, Lorien :)

I haven't buzzed over to your blog recently. . . I will be right over!