Thursday

Stamping in the Moonlight

Halloween is my *favoritefavoritefavorite* time of year. The fall is so beautiful in MI!

Of course, as much as I love fall. . .it is still sweltering outside and I am making Halloween swaps! It is right around the corner, people! (Anticipation is how I make it last :)


I finally got some creepy crawly paper. . .and (since SU! has dealt with the quality control issues it was having) I can start using my scallop circle *yay* I was worried about it, but so far my original one is hanging in there. . .I have been afraid to use it in a workshop, lest everyone fall instantly in love with it and order it-only to have it quit working on the first try!
The medallion on the bottom goes a little somethin' like this: scallop circle punch, 1 1/4 punch, dimensional 1in punch. . . I pretty much stamped 22 p.pie bats, then 22 black bats, and punched accordingly :) It was fun! My right forearm is now 33% bigger than my left , but it was fun :) I considered adding google eyes, but everyone has those so you can add 'em if you like 'em.

Deets: (pretty self evident, but hey. . .gotta give credit to the IBC :)

Stamps:Batty for You; Ink: P.Pie, B.Black; Paper: P.Pie, B.Black, Creepy Crawly DP; Punches: Scallop Circle, 1 1/4in, 1in; Other stuff: 1/4in black grograin


The song "Dancing in the Moonlight" (by King Harvest) kept running thru my head last night at untold hours of the morning when I was punching my brains out-trying to get these swaps done. (I am addicted to swapping! Don't start, because once you do. . .it is all over!) You know you have a problem when you are changing the lyrics to:

Stampin' in the moonlight
everybody's feeling warm and bright
its such a fine and natural sight
everybody's stampin' in the moonlight

we like our fun and we never fight
you can't stamp and stay uptight
its a supernatural delight
everybody was Stampin' in the moonlight

(I think I have read JanTInk's blog one too many times if I am putting song lyrics on my blog :) I can't help it, the woman has influence!)

4 comments:

Gail Binette said...

Love this design. Cute and not too spooky!

Dawn G. said...

I love the simplicity of this card. I came up with a cute Scrapbook page with this set! I have family out in Michigan I only got to meet once, It's very pretty out that way. I had a hard time with all the bugs! anyways, cute card...

laura said...

Are you part of a swap group? I'm looking for people to swap with via mail. :)

Love the idea! Very cute!

Robin said...

Hi Laura :)

If you give me a way to contact you, I can let you know where I hook up with swappers. . .

Let me know!